How to delete an email account on Outlook
October 5, 2022
You can add up to 20 email accounts on Outlook per device. So, you may need to remove or delete an email account very often. You do not need to uninstall the Outlook app from windows just remove or delete your email account. The process is very easy and simple, you are just a few steps away to learn this.
The below instructions are applicable to Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, and Outlook 2013. The process of other versions of Outlook is almost the same. You can try it by yourself.
Deleting or removing an email account from Outlook email client can be done in two different ways. I have described both ways.
Read More: Where did my draft email go in Outlook
Solution One: How to delete an email account on Outlook
- Go to the File menu> Info> Account Settings.
- From the Account Settings, drop-down menu choose Account Settings. A new window named Account Settings will appear.
- Go to the Email tab, Select the email account that you want to remove, and click Remove.
- A warning message will appear, click Yes to continue.
Solution Two: How to delete an email account on Outlook
This is the easiest solution you have ever seen.
- Go to the Folder group, and right-click on the email account you want to delete.
- A warning message will appear, read very carefully and click Yes to remove that account.
What happens when you remove or delete an email account on Outlook
When you remove or delete an email account on Outlook following thing will happen
- You will not have further access to that account from the Outlook email client.
- Outlook deletes all data including calendar information.
If you are not sure that any email or contacts may be needed in the future, you are requested to keep a backup of all email messages and contacts. Dont know how to backup. Read the below content to learn about email backup and export outlook contacts.
How to add an email address on Outlook
As you have already removed your existing email accounts from Outlook. You may need to add new email accounts on Outlook. Yahoo, Gmail, and company domain email configuration is different. Do you know how to do that? If you do not know you can take help from the below links.
- Outlook configuration for Gmail.
- Adding Yahoo account to Outlook.
- How to set up a company email on Outlook?
Dear learners, I hope I have described How to delete an email account on Outlook very well to make you understand. If you still need any support please comment on the below comment box. I will try my best to reply to your comment. Thank you.