In your professional daily life, you may need to attach a folder to your email message instead of attaching every single file. Attaching every single file one by one can make a mess both for you and your recipient. Maybe your recipient can miss any of your files, or you may miss attaching any file to your email message. Sending a whole folder through email is the better solution to avoid this mess.
If you do not have WinRAR on your computer. Please download and install WinRAR first from here. You can use any other zip application, also. Completely your choice.
If you send multiple files in a single email message your recipient need to download all attachment. To learn how to download all attachments in Outlook please read this article.
Read more to learn: Outlook indexing not working issue solution
Send a folder through email on Microsoft Outlook.
To send a folder through email on Microsoft Outlook is not a big deal. It is as simple as a mouse click. Just follow the steps below.
- Create a new folder anywhere on your computer. Probably on your desktop.
- Rename it as you like. I have renamed it “Sample Attachment.”
- Copy all your files and paste those files inside this folder. Close the window.
- Right-click over the folder and select Show more options (Windows 11)
- Select Add to “Sample Attachment.rar” to compress it.
- Shortly your folder will be compressed.
- Now open Microsoft Outlook and click on New Email.
- Attach your compressed file to your email message.
- Type the recipient’s email address and subject line, then click Send as shown in the above image.
How to send a folder through email on outlook.com?
If you are a user of outlook.com, the Process is the same as above. Only the process of attaching your file may be a little different.
- Login to your outlook.com account. Click New Message to start a new email message.
- Click attach> Browse this computer and go to your compressed file location.
Here my location is a Desktop. Select your file to attach to the email.
- Click Open.
- Write your subject line and email address, and click Send.
Learn More: How do i turn off work offline in Outlook?
Benefits of attaching a folder
- No chance of missing any file to be attached by the sender.
- No chance of missing any file to be downloaded by the recipient.
- The recipient feels comfort.
- All files will be sorted.
- The total size of your attachment is reduced to a compressed file.
Tips on when should you attach more than one file to an email
You should give them a serial number when you attach more than one file to an email. It will help the recipient to understand what is the chronological order. Which file should be read first? You can do one more thing. You can give clear instructions about the attachment at the bottom of the mail body. If possible, write the file names of the attachment. It will help the recipient understand the attachment’s necessity and uses.
Look how you can give the serial number to your attachment.
Though it is an easy technique, it may be unknown to someone. If this content can help someone, it will be a great pleasure for me. To learn about Microsoft Outlook, you may bookmark our website.
WHY IS THE CORRECT PROCESS OF ATTACHING MULTIPLE FILE?
Follow these instructions to attach multiple files:
- Rename all files as per content.
- Give a serial number of all files.
- Sort as you want your recipient to read.
- Write the name of all files at bottom of your email as a note.
WHEN YOU NEED TO SEND A WHOLE FOLDER?
When you are sending many numbers of file together you should zip and attach a single file.