Microsoft Outlook is an email client generally used for sending and receiving emails and managing contacts. But the maximum user does not know that Outlook calendar can be used as a To-Do list, which boosts the productivity of an employee or any user. This content will help you to learn all about the Outlook To-Do list. If you are interested in the Outlook To-Do list, please keep reading this content.
You have to understand Outlook tasks and To-Do lists. So, let us learn these two items first to utilize this feature.
Do you know how to configure and set up company email on outlook 2019? If your answer is no, please click here to learn.
What is Outlook Task?
Outlook task is a feature of Outlook that allows you to create what you want to follow up until the completion of the work. To-Do is under the task menu; you can use to do in Outlook to create, edit and manage tasks.
What is the Outlook To-Do list?
Many people list things to do on sticky paper, notebooks, diaries, etc. They often forget to remind that work later. Sometimes they even lost sticky papers. Yes, there is some digital solution like windows applications. But why should you use another application where you can easily maintain a To-Do list in Outlook? Outlook includes creating tasks and to-do lists. It allows you to smoothly plan and track your work’s progress throughout the day.
The Outlook To Do list is easy to use and synchronized with the Outlook calendar. Whether you open Outlook or not, it will work behind the screen and alert you when required. Ensure you understand that the main feature is Task, and To-Do is under the task folder.
How do I find the To-Do list in Outlook?
Many people fail to find a To-Do list in Outlook. I will show you where to find the To-Do list in Outlook 2021. Check the Outlook ribbon under the Home menu you will find New Items. Under the New Items, you can find Task. There is also a keyboard shortcut for a New task; you can easily find New Task by Ctrl+Shift+K. You can create a new task on your To-Do list.
While creating a new task, you will find several menus in your Outlook ribbon like Save& Close, Delete, Details, Assign tasks, Send status report, etc. I am giving you the detailed meaning of each item here for your better understanding. See the image first.
- Save & Close: Save this item and close the window.
- Delete: Delete this item. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+D
- Forward: Forward this item to someone else. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+F
- Send to One Note: Create or open linked task notes in One Note
- Task: Show the task page in which you can view or edit the primary information for the task.
- Details: Show the details page where you can view or edit secondary information for the task.
- Mark Complete: Mark this task as complete when you are done with it. Items marked Complete does not appear in the To-Do bar.
- Assign Task: Assign this task to someone else.
- Send Status Report: Create an email message which contains a status report about this task.
- Recurrence: Schedule this item to repeat regularly. The keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+G.
- Categorize: Categorize this item. Categories applied to a conversation will be applied to all current and future items in the conversations.
- Follow-up: Set a flag to remind you to follow up on this item later.
- Private: Mark this item as private so that other people can not see the details of it.
- High Importance: Set this item as a high priority.
- Low Importance: Set this item as a low priority.
- Immersive Reader: Adjust text size, spacing, and more. You can also listen to your text read aloud.
- Zoom: Zoom to the level that’s right for you.
Finding a To-Do list in Outlook is very easy. Just the left bottom corner of Outlook. You will find it. Check the image below to know it. It is red marked.
You may see the image below if you click the above task icon I have shown you.
In addition to previous menus, you may find the following menus. I am writing some short descriptions of those here.
- New Task: To create a new item, the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+N.
- Remove From List: Remove the follow-up flag from this item.
- Simple List: To view in a simple format.
- Move: Move or copy the selected item to another folder. You can create a rule for email messages to always move messages in the selected conversation.
How do I add the To-Do bar in Outlook?
Is Outlook good for task management?
Why does my To-Do bar keep disappearing in Outlook?
How do I use Outlook as a daily Planner?
- Open your laptop or desktop first.
- As soon as you open your computer, open your Outlook.
- Open Task and To-Do list.
- Check the priority and deadline of the task.
- If you have any new tasks add that one to the To-Do list.
- If any work is completed remove it from the To-Do list.
- Check the email inbox folder if you cannot reply now, flag it to reply later.
- If you have any meetings add that to the calendar.
- If any task needs to be forwarded to another person, forward that task by To-Do list.
If you work this way, it will be helpful to you to make your daily work smoother. Outlook features like a To-Do list can be a great daily planner for you.