How to reply with attachment in Outlook
November 17, 2022
When we click reply or reply to all any email only the email body with the previous conversation is copied by default. But sometimes, we want the attachment as well with the new email. There are several methods to do this. Today in this article, I will share with you several ways to reply with attachment in Outlook. Let’s start.
Learn More: How to download all attachments in Outlook
Replying to any email with attachments
There are several ways that we can follow to reply with attachments in Outlook. I am discussing one by one here.
This is the easiest method and most convenient for you. Follow the steps below.
- Open the email that you want to Reply/Reply to all.
- Right-click on the attachments that you want to attach.
- Select Copy from the right-click menu.
- Select Reply/Reply to all from the ribbon menu.
- Click on the email body of the new email.
- Right-click and select Paste or press Ctrl + Von the keyboard.
- All your desired attachments will be attached to your new email.
From Mail Option
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook desktop application on your computer.
- Go to the File tab, and click Option.
- Select the Mail tab from the left.
- Scroll down and go to Replies and forwards
- From the drop-down menu select Attach Original Message.
This process will include the old email as attachment as a new email. If this process does not serve your purposes you can follow the first method.
Learn More: Attach email in outlook is very simple
This is another way to keep your attachment with reply/reply to all emails. It can be helpful to you.
- Open the email message that you want to Reply/Reply to all.
- Click the Forward button from the ribbon.
- Copy all email addresses that were in the To and Cc fields.
- Write your email now.
- Click the Send button to send your email to the desired recipients.
Why existing attachments are not attached while replying
Typically existing attachments are not attached while replying or replying to all. It is because when you are replying to any email it is assumed that all recipients of the email were concerned about the attachment and they already have those files in their inbox. That is why it is not necessary to attach all attachments again while replying.
But you may add new people while replying, in that case, new people are not concerned about the attachments. You must attach it again for the newly added people. That is why it is necessary to know how to reply with attachment in Outlook.